So Deb and I are in our own launch sequence and are at T-minus 2 months and counting!!! As we do our systems checks:
- Sell house – Go for close on June 4th!
- Sell everything – In progress and on track for launch, um June 3rd.
- Fundraising Systems:
- Steak Fry Event May 31st at 6pm at VFW in McHenry – all systems go and Tickets still available!!! See our April 15th blog post for all the details.
- Ride for Africa 75 mile bicycle ride on May 31st from Lombard to Lake Geneva. To Donate to the riders visit: Firstgiving.com/oasisevents/Ride-for-africa-ruzga. (Getting my training in for the 75 mile ride) All systems go!
- Monthly budget for 1st year is at 80%. Still need about $1,000/month to go! To Donate click on “Donate to Our Ministry” Button or the “Donate Now” page.
- Prayers: Please pray that in all the craziness and details that have to be completed as we near our launch that our time with God is protected.
So it looks like All Systems are a GO with about 2 months to left. A great friend of ours said to us at dinner one evening recently: “Can you imagine what it will feel like when you are standing at the gate to the Shelter and that first van of rescued children arrive?? Wow, what a gift and a privilege it will be to behold!!
I hope you will join Deb and I for the ride of a lifetime! Check back soon for more updates! Blessings to all.